Create a father’s day weekend actually worth remembering. Share an overnight backpacking experience with your son, or daughter, creating memories that neither of you will ever forget. This adventure will take you into the heart of the Blue Ridge mountains, allow you to set foot on the famed Appalachian Trail, and atop multiple mountain summits with panoramic views. An evening by the fire, which will be accompanied by a delicious backcountry gourmet meal, and usually plenty of laughter, will culminate with a night under the stars, away from it all. Put down the cell phones, turn off the tablets, and celebrate fathers day together this year, all while exploring a beautiful environment. We’ll handle the details, you enjoy the adventure!
- 12 miles of scenic hiking
- 2 blue ridge mountain summits
- Quality gear and equipment provided for you
- Morning start with hot chocolate, and tea being served to your tent door
- A night with dad under the stars
- No cheesy themed ties that he doesn’t need!
- Price includes a reservation for both Dad, and one son or daughter
- Quality camping equipment such as a tent, footprint, sleeping pad, water purification device, and cooking supplies*
- Major meal planning, preparation, tent and kitchen set-ups all handled for you
- A delicious backcountry breakfast and dinner, prepared & served by your guides
- Experienced guide certified in CPR, as a Wilderness First Responder, and carrying a comprehensive group first-aid kit
*Please note: for sanitary reasons, we do not provide or rent sleeping bags to our trip participants. You will need to bring a sleeping bag rated to 40°F or below
Please feel free to contact us via the form on our website or call us at (804) 852-5862 for any additional questions. A detailed itinerary, trip departure location, complete gear recommendations checklist, and other helpful tips for preparing for this adventure will be provided once your reservation is complete.