Everything you need to know in order to set out on a backpacking adventure of your own! This trip is designed for those interested in the increased exploration possibilities of backpacking, but who don’t yet own the necessary equipment, or skills, to set out on their own. It will be a great opportunity to test-hike with different gear, discuss advantages/disadvantages of common backpacking strategies, and explore options available to backcountry adventurers, before deciding to purchase your own. Not only will you receive expert instruction from our guides on equipment options, packing techniques, map & route finding, and backcountry camp setup, but you will do so while hiking 12 beautiful miles across 2 Blue Ridge Mountain summits, and spending a night under the stars, away from it all. The skills and techniques you will learn on this trip will open a world of possibilities for future trips with friends and family, as backpacking can take you into stunning locations and camp sites not accessible by day hiking.
- expert instruction and guidance on backpacking tips, techniques, and gear options
- 2 days of guided travel allowing you to maximize your time in the mountains
- 12 miles of scenic Blue Ridge Mountain hiking, 2 summits with stunning views
- dinner, breakfast provided and prepared by your guides
- freshly ground coffee, tea, and hot cocoa served to your tent door in the morning!
- Backpacking gear (backpack, tent & footprint, sleeping pad, hiking poles)*
- Dinner on Sat. night, and breakfast the following morning
- stove and group cooking equipment
- water filtration system
- knowledgeable guide with a group first-aid kit, certified in CPR and as a Wilderness First Responder
Reminder: If you would like to join this adventure, but the above dates do not work for you, your group of 3, or more, can always contact us directly. We will be more than happy to work with you in scheduling a custom trip date that better suits your schedule.
*Please note: For sanitary reasons, we do not provide or rent sleeping bags for our trip participants. You will need to bring a sleeping bag rated for 30° F or below.
Please feel free to contact us via the form on our website or call us at (804) 852-5862 for any additional questions. A detailed itinerary, trip departure location, complete gear recommendations checklist, and other helpful tips for preparing for this adventure will be provided once your reservation is complete.