Have you ever dreamt of life on the Appalachian trail, moving through mountains, towns, and stunning landscapes, all powered by your own two feet? Feeling a desire to increase the mileage numbers on your personal A.T. odometer, whether its starting at 0 or 2,100? There’s no better place to start than in Virginia, which hosts more miles of the famed Appalachian trail than any other state. On this 4 day, 3 night adventure we will backpack 25 miles through an iconic section of Virginia’s A.T, which will include blue ridge mountain vistas, town crossings, water views, unique rock formations, and the opportunity to stand on what is, rightfully, the most photographed outcrop along the entire trail. Maximize your experience with backcountry gourmet meals, hot cocoa & tea served to your tent door each morning, and sharing the journey with new friends. We promise to handle the details, so that you can enjoy the adventure!
- 4 days/3 nights spent sleeping under the stars, away from it all
- Delicious meals prepared for you each morning/night
- Find yourself atop the Appalachian trail’s most iconic vista, McAffee’s Knob
- Experience life as a thru-hiker, as you cover 25 miles of diverse A.T. terrain
- Walk through the second largest municipal park & nature reserve in the country
- Celebratory toast and snacks upon completion of the journey
- Major meal planning, preparation, tent and kitchen set-ups all handled for you
- Route planning, as well as all applicable permits
- Shuttle service that returns you to your vehicle at the end of our journey
- A delicious backcountry breakfast and dinner each day, prepared & served by your guides
- Experienced guide certified in CPR, as a Wilderness First Responder, and carrying a comprehensive group first-aid kit
- Comprehensive gear checklists, and tips to help you prepare for your trip
- Quality camping equipment options such as a tent, footprint, sleeping pad, backpack, water purification device, and group cooking supplies. Great way to test gear before investing in your own!*
Reminder: If you would like to join this adventure, but the above dates do not work for you, your group of 3, or more, can always contact us directly. We will be more than happy to work with you in scheduling a custom trip date that better suits your schedule.
*Please note: For sanitary reasons, we do not provide or rent sleeping bags for our trip participants. You will need to bring a sleeping bag rated for 40°F or below