Owner, Guide, & Chief Adventure Officer
Chris founded E² Outdoor Adventures to help share with others the immense joy often experienced with an active lifestyle, and outdoor exploration. He is hopeful that providing new avenues for adults to get involved with serious wilderness adventures will be just as successful as the numerous programs and camps dedicated to children and students.
Chris has been backpacking, hiking, climbing, paddling, and exploring through many of Virginia’s parks, forests and wilderness areas. He has been canyoneering through some of Utah’s coolest slot canyons, navigated through Newfoundland’s notorious Long Range Traverse, lived in a tent while working outside of Acadia National Park in Maine, and is always looking for a chance to improve upon his latest loves: rock climbing and kayaking.
- Graduated from the Luter School of Business at Christopher Newport University
- Spent two years as a professional golfer before trading golf clubs for hiking poles
- Certified as a Wilderness First Responder through NOLS’ Wilderness Medicine Institute
- Single Pitch Instructor certified with American Mountain Guiding Association (AMGA)
- Once convinced his wife (who hates cold) that it would be worthwhile to slide 60 ft. down a natural rock slide into 35° river water…and they’re still married
- Published freelance writer with articles here on the blog, and in outdoor adventure publications like Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine